New Special Programmes
“One important key to success is self confidence. An important key to self confidence is preparation”. - Arthur Ashe
Business intelligence, Knowledge Modelling, and Causal Analysis with Bayesian Belief Networks
This interesting and technical course has been designed to introduce and to understand the idea and logic behind Bayesian Causal Networks and their applicability in intelligence data analysis. The course looks at the Bayesian modelling tools and provides pointers for further investigating.
Bayesian Causal Networks combine graphical representation with causal modelling techniques and Bayesian probability theory to provide a useful technique for event modelling and forecasting.
By the end f the course participants will have a complete understanding of the Bayesian network paradigm plus real practical skills for research applications
Coaching on Bayesian networks
- Examples of probabilistic reasoning
- Recap of basics of probability theory
- Apperance and the langauge of Bayesian networks
- examples of Real applications
Practical exercises in knowledge modelling
Technical education on Bayesian networks
- Network learning (supervised learning, unsupervised learning, data clustering, variable clustering, Probabilistic Structural Equation Models)
- Performance evaluation
- Analysis and simulation
- Extensions (influence diagram, dynamic Bayesian networks)
Practical data mining and analytics exercises
- Trainer presentation and facilitation
- Group discussion
- Bayesian network Software: Bayesian provides all trainees with an unrestricted 60-day license of BayesiaLab 5.0 Professional Edition, so they can participate in all exercises on their own laptops
Please fill out the form to inquire about a course
Maximum 8 participants per course cycle.
Computers: Each trainee should come with his own laptop. Two emails will be sent a few days before the training session for downloading and activating the unrestricted 60-day license of BayesiaLab 5.0 Professional Edition. Note that Admin rights are needed to proceed to the installation.
Data: When course includes partcipants from different companies trainees are encouraged to bring their own data.
French or English depending upon group requirements