Essential Skills Programmes
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results” - George S. Patton
Chairing Effective Meetings
Anyone who has had to chair a meeting knows the challenges and frustrations of no show or meeting attendees arriving late, unprepared and than having to keep the meeting on track with flowing with constructive input and a successful outcome.
This course focuses on how to conduct effective meetings. It will arm delegates with the techniques needed to plan, and increase their skill in successfully conducting and chairing meetings.
This course is for those who chair or lead meetings but would be of benefit to anyone who wishes to conduct more effective meetings.
The aim of the course is to make meetings more constructive successful, and productive. The participants will learn techniques on how they can chair meetings successfully They will also learn how to prepare an effective agenda and ensure that the meeting objectives are met and with positive results.
- How to manage a successful meeting: from leading, directing to controlling participation
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of those people involved in the meeting
- The use and importance of the agenda
- The Preparation required for an effective meeting
- Establishing ground rules
- When and how to close the meeting effectively, techniques on how to encourage agreement
- Trainer presentation and facilitation
- Group discussion
- Small group exercises
- Practice sessions
Please fill out the form to inquire about a course
Good level of English. Attendance is limited to 5-6 participants per course cycle.
English (French and German with sufficient notice)